Subject: RE: [ubl-lcsc] [roe] OAG comment: City and Country structures

This I am against. It confuses definitions and breaks CCTS, etc.

Best Regards

Stig Korsgaard
M.Sc.E Standardisation Coordinator
Tel: 	+45 3370 1083
Cell: 	+45 2121 8234
Mail: 	stk@finansraadet.dk

Danish Bankers Association
Amaliegade 7
DK-1256 Copenhagen K
Tel:	3370 1000
Fax:	3393 0260
mail@finansraadet.dk
www.finansraadet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: 4. juli 2003 04:35
To: ubl-LCSC@lists.oasis-open.org

To facilitate debate and consensus on the reviewed items, I am posting
relevant issues as discussion points.  The intention is that after a one
week period the team shall resolve these issues.  For example, this
issue will be resolved at the call on Friday July 11th.

Item 7.

OAG have defined CitySubEntity and CountrySubEntity with a type
attribute to qualify the value with some appropriate label (e.g.
type=state, type=district).  Multiple occurrences were allowed for each
of these data elements to provide maximum flexibility.  The names
CitySubEntity and CountrySubEntity also implied whether these
subentities were subsets of a city or country.  This is similar to the
AdministractiveArea approach of the OASIS CIQ group.

This appears to impact on NDR rules that attributes are now defining the
context.  Do we see merit in this approach?

phone: +618 93352228

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-lcsc/members/leave_workgrou
p.php