Subject: Re: What has happened to UBL dial-ins?

I'm sorry that some people had trouble dialing in to today's UBL
TC meeting.  It took us about 15 minutes to get the connection up
(so we actually started the call about 9:30 in Montreal), but it
stayed up the whole day, and during that time we had at least five
people dial in. There were still a couple of people on the call
when we quit around 5 p.m., and it was still the same call.  So
the problem doesn't seem to have been on our end.

Setting up these conferences is tricky because we can't dial out
from the hotel (it would cost a fortune), so the "chair" has to
dial into the conference, start the call, call the meeting room to
conference it in, and then put the call on autopilot.  I would
suspect that the problems encountered today had to do with not
being able to add a caller after that point, but we had at least
one person (Mike Grimley) call in well after we started, so I
don't think that's the answer.

All I can suggest is that if you can't get through, wait a bit and
try again.  Both of the SCs plan to have open phones going the
whole day on Tuesday except for a lunch from about noon to 1 p.m.

Jon