Subject: Re: UBL 0.81 CCT draft-9-mod

i agree that you are acting in accordance with the consensus of the
group but have you gone far enough?

maybe i am mis-reading the code, but when i see

>     <!-- ===== CCT: IdentifierType ===== -->
>     <xsd:element name="Identifier" type="cct:IdentifierType"/>
>     <xsd:complexType name="IdentifierType">
>         <xsd:simpleContent>
>             <xsd:extension base="xsd:normalizedString">
>                 <xsd:attributeGroup ref="cct:commonAttributes"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="schemeID" type="xsd:token"
> use="optional"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="schemeAgencyID" type="xsd:token"
> use="optional"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="schemeVersionID" type="xsd:token"
> use="optional"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="schemeAgencySchemeID"
> type="xsd:token" use="optional"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="schemeAgencySchemeAgencyID"
> type="xsd:token" use="optional"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="schemeDataURI" type="xsd:anyURI"
> use="optional"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="schemeURI" type="xsd:anyURI"
> use="optional"/>
>             </xsd:extension>
>         </xsd:simpleContent>
>     </xsd:complexType>

 i understand it to mean that IdentifierTypes are now normalizedStrings.
 however the schemeID, schemeAgencyID, etc... which are also
'identifier's, must be tokens.  so are we saying you can have embedded
spaces within an identifier - except the identifiers used as attributes
of an identifier???

Chin Chee-Kai wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Tim McGrath wrote:
>
>>> PS chee-kai - i think your definitions are inconsistent- how can we
>>> change 'code' and 'identifier' to be 'normalizedString' and yet have
>>> their own internal codes and identifiers still as 'tokens'?
>>

> I could have erred, but in this case, I didn't quite catch
> what or where you're pointing out.
> The change for CodeType was only on one of its attributes called
> 'name', whose original type was xsd:token and now is
> xsd:normalizedString.
> The content type for CodeType remains as xsd:token.
>
> The change for IdentifierType was to have its content type
> changed from original xsd:token to xsd:normalizedString
> following Stephen's discussion in NDR, Ken's comment, and
> generally no disagreement with the idea.
>
> Could you elaborate please?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Best Regards,
> Chin Chee-Kai