Subject: [code:type-equivalence] Straw-man 2 Code list proposal - candidate final

Ken (and the rest of codelist members),

Thanks for the work and extended explanation.

Just some quick comments/suggestions before I disappear for the
rest of the week.

1.  The reasoning for having a placebo that resolves ultimately
into a xsd:token is to allow a generic validation so that local
applications can check locally based on peer-to-peer agreed-upon
code values.  My suggestion is to try to do away with the current
"placebo + MSDOS-Copy".  Is it possible to look at using <xsd:choice>
with one branch validating against, say, <cct:CodeType> (which
ultimately resolves into a xsd:token), and a second branch validating
against the local code list?

Also, for proper validation for the locally coded lists (long
list or short lists), we also need to consider publishing a
formula for users to use in synthesizing a namespace that
(1) users can associate with that list,
(2) will be globally unique
    (e.g.  my list of "apple orange peach" will have a namesapce
    that is different from someone else's list of
    "apple orange peach", because someone else could insert or
    remove code values anytime while I might not want that to
    happen at the same time)

(3) will be consistent with how code list namespaces are named
    in UBL.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML