Subject: filenaming - minor rec [was Re: [ubl-lcsc] UBL Schema 1.0-alpha draft-120030918 ...]

This may not be the most appropriate place (or time) to voice this,
but I'll give it a try anyway ... hope the right people are listening in.

 > according to the codelist group recommendation, the codelist
 > schemas  should be UBL-CodeList-***-Use-1.0-alpha-draft-1.xsd

May I suggest naming it as:

   "UBL-CodeList-***-Use-1-0-alpha-draft-1.xsd"

Leaving only the standard file extension (.xsd in this case) as the
only thing behind the "dot", and using only one dot in the entire
filename.  This will help with application associations, and in times
when the filename needs to be parsed for one reason or another.

[I've always recommended, even where long-filenames are used, that
only: alphanumeric, "-", "_" and one "." with a file-extension behind
it, are used in the filenames.]

Regards,
PPY
--

Stephen Green wrote Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:22:42 +0100:

> Chee-Kai
>
> I believe, according to the codelist group recommendation, the codelist schemas should be UBL-CodeList-***-Use-1.0-alpha-draft-1.xsd when they are the default version (UBL-CodeList-***-Stock-1.0-alpha-draft-1.xsd would be alternative which users would have to rename if they wished to replace the default). This -Use- name should be the name given in the schema imports of course too.
>
> All the best
>
> Steve
---