Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] UBL Schema 1.0 alpha draft-7

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, G. Ken Holman wrote:

>>At 2003-09-30 01:14 +0800, Chin Chee-Kai wrote:
>>>- No excessive (> 255 character) definition text observed
>>
>>I believe we should limit characters to <128 and not 255 because many
>>characters over 128 require UTF-8 encoding.

I think I described it with too few words, sorry.
I meant text of lengths larger than 255 characters,
not the encoding values.

>>>- Please see if there're any other further issues, problems,
>>>   bugs, or fixes needed by sending to the list.
>>
>>Line 4632 of UBL-Reusable-1.0-alpha-draft-7.xsd is not well-formed due to a
>>high-bit character (probably an ndash or mdash again) in the Definition
>>#PCDATA.

Yesp, thanks!  Likely a fix at spreadsheet level should do it.
This is helpful.  Any others?

>>Should I go ahead and make the XPath files for Draft 7 or should we rely on
>>Draft 6 for the structural issues until a Draft 8 is available?

There probably should be another 1 or 2 more drafts,
but if the XPath process could uncover more problems,
inconsistencies etc, that'd be helpful.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai