Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] UBL Schema 1.0-alpha draft-8

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:

>>| - UBL-ised UN/ECE codelists, in particular Country Code,
>>|   Currency Code, and ModeOfTransport Code as stock values
>>|   not included in this zip as packaging for redistribution
>>|   isn't permitted (unless with their written consent).
>>|   The 3 codes are therefore implemented in this schema set
>>|   as Placebo schemas.
>>
>>My interpretation of the ISO decision announced 30 September 2003
>>is that we can include the enumerated values in our distribution.
>>That is our "use" of the codes.
>>
>>   http://www.iso.org/iso/en/commcentre/pressreleases/2003/Ref871.html

I don't know so much of the legal stuff that goes on between
ISO or UN/ECE, and between the legality of press release versus
explicit notice.   I'd suppose as long as our production process
takes codelists from UN/ECE site, and as long as UN/ECE site
states:

http://www.unece.org/etrades/uncopyright.htm

(with particular reference to clause 2a)

then I personally believe I would respect that.  But this is
just a personal decision, and it shouldn't stop other members
who have understood the procedures/legality and consequences
much better than I do to double-up by processing *-Stock-*
or *-Standard-* UBL-ised codelists for Country Code,
Currency Code and ModeOfTransport Code and overwrite the
*-Placebo-* and *-Use-* that goes inside the draft-8 zip file.

Any volunteer to do that?

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML