Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] [Packaging] Minutes to 3 Oct

Comment on the minutes...

Lisa-Aeon wrote:

>Attended: Jon Bosak, Marion Royal, Monica Martin, Lisa Seaburg, Bill Meadows
>

>1.  Documentation report:  The index file has been updated in a couple of
>sections, I would like to get this proofread by this group as section get
>updated.  I will send out an email to the group with the link to the index
>file again along with a list of changes.
>
>The memorial for Mike is in Italian, could this be done in English also or
>maybe change to be more understandable.  Send to Jon for editorial advice.

it comes from Dante and it means 'the better craftsman'.  it was used by
TS Elliot to acknowledge Ezra Pound in the preface of "The Wastelands".
 I googled it and got 3390 hits!

>2.  The files in the release have not been linked to the index file yet.  We
>will not have anything from ASN or FPSC until we have final schema, and this
>may be a week.  So, Lisa had been waiting to do this.
>
>* Also there was discussion going on between Dave Carlson and Tim about the
>UMLs, I wasn't sure which group of UMLs was going to be used, another
>waiting on feedback.

The best quality diagrams will be Dave's but we need to align our use of
UML and the way in which we break down the packages.

In theory they should boht be the same  but because mine are hand
crafted and his come from the schemas - dave's are guaranteed to be aligned

>* One of the problems I find is the codelist XSD fragments, what do I do
>with them?  Should they stay in the xsd directory, or be in a subdirectory?
>

> * This group recommends putting the codelist fragments in a subdirectory
>underneath the xsd directory.  If there are technical reasons not to do
>this, then we will go along with the original.

i thought we had already agreed on a 'code' subdirectory

>3.  Should we split the Zip file into manageable sections, examples:
>schema's, models, forms, and instances.
>
> * Is this a size issue or an organizational issue?

both:
some people find it hard to download 20MB plus files. Some people only
want the schemas or the models, etc..

> * There are people who may have problems, the 0p70 release was around 25
>megs.  We did not get any feedback that they could not handle this.

I did from at least two people.

> * We could do this as part of the final release as an Oasis standard.
>

> * Maybe we could just have the regular zip file, if someone has problems
>have them send $5 for a CD.

isn't that harder than just creating two different download packages?
 one a total and one in fragments.