Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] [Fwd: Italian implementation of UBL_Invoice]

sonia,

i will put your request onto this week's UBL conference call agenda.

as Jon noted earlier, we were not expecting UBL 0p70 to be used in any
production systems.  So it is surprising and useful for us to get this
detailed feedback. As you may be aware we are now finalising UBL 1.0 for
trial implementation so we may be able to address your requirements.
 either way, we shall let you know what your options are.

monica, your point is well taken.  It does indicate a typical scenario
for the UBL trial implementations we hope to kick off next month.
 however i am not sure if this is actaully a case of context or just a
better business rule being proposed.  the fact this is an italian
invoice seems irrelevant, it is the need for more than one payment due
 that is the issue - is that requirement common/core (80/20)?

with regard to contexts, we have plenty of use cases, now we need to put
into place the means of re-using and customizing UBL.  the context
methodology is only one part of the solution.  it will explain/define
HOW to restrict or extend the schemas.  what we also need is the process
that says, WHEN, WHERE and WHY to do this.  for example, let us imagine
that just because UBL does not have a BIE/element called DUNS number ,
should an implementor create one as an extension?

i think this debate should be a main part of the agenda for our
face-to-face as we move to UBL 2.0 work.

phone: +618 93352228