Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Proposal for 1.0 alpha draft 9 model

Anne

Thanks

I'm afraid this suggestion just missed draft 10 as I had just sent it to the list before you message arrived. Still, draft 10 will have to be ironed out and renamed 1.0 beta at some point: I expect Tim might be eager to do that! :-) adding the finishing touches and all.

If the draft 10 doesn't get to anyone shortly please let me know. Large files sometimes cause problems with timeouts by my ISP, etc. It still hasn't arrived in my mailbox as I write.

All the best

Steve

>>> Anne Hendry <anne.hendry@sun.com> 10/07/03 21:21 PM >>>
Hello,

Stephen (and all), regarding the issue raised in today's meeting about
having the
change log information showing up in the spreadsheet cells, I played
around with
OO and found that there is a menu toggle: Edit/Changes/Record that when
set on,
creates those little popups that have been bothering you, but when you
select it
again to uncheck it, it give you this message:

"This action will exit the change recording mode.  Any information about
changes will be lost.  Exit change recording mode?  (Yes/No)"

and once you hit the 'Yes' button all those annoying note-like popups go
away.
It looks like it gets rid of all the history as well.  So the real trick
is to never
have it turned on in the first place.  That is why I coudln't figure out
what
you were talking about at first.  I hadn't noticed these until this last
set of
spreadsheets - I had never used that feature before.

I'm sorry I can't tell you what the menus are in Excel, but I imagine they
should be somewhat similar.

-Anne