Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] UBL 1.0 alpha (final) draft 10 models

OK Tim

I did try replacing the Globally Unique Identifier with Identifier, but it was the editing of the column #1 formula to maintain the GUID name which caused the problems with Excel. I think you have probably used a better formula. The one I used seems to be incompatible with Excel (it reports it as 'invalid' when I try adding it to the document spreadsheet columns by hand, even though Open Office is OK with it).

Glad you can sort this.

All the best

Steve

>>> Tim McGrath <tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au> 08/10/03 07:29:57 >>>
Stephen, unfortunately we cannot have  a Representation Term of Globally
Unique Identifier, we must only use Identifier.  That is, only those
Representation Terms appearing the OAG/NDR/ATG2 RT schema.  Globally
Unique Identifier is one we proposed to CCTS but it was not accepted (yet!).

I will make the fixes as part of the 'remove editing log' clean up.
 this also means changing to formulas to avoid using the Data Type
columns as these are now mapped by the RT schema.

the goods news is, i seem to be able to create XLS from the SXC document
and not have the problem Stephen had. Also, the files themselves are 40%
smaller without the change logs!