Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Code sets for Document and LineItem Status

My call is that we do not want to impose any restrictions or presentational rules on the content of any documents.  This includes character case .

These are decisions for applications to make.  Bear in mind UBL is not standardising on what goes in  documents only the semantics and structure.  We actually crossed a boundary when we starting looking at determining code set values (for good reason) but we dont want to go any further than necessary.

You can guarantee that any formatting rules we make would break someone's requirements.

PS the same applies to facets like "XXX-XXX-XXX" for account number, etc...

Chin Chee-Kai wrote:
Do we need a rule to make all code list values look uniformly
upper-cased?

It appears the various code list values, when compared
across various code list schemas, appear to have Upper Camel
Cases, with some having spaces in between multiple-worded values.

We may need to require implementation rules, for instance,
that when code list values are implemented in schemas,
they should go through the following transformations:

(Example shown is somewhat contrived to illustrate how the
transformation rule works.)

1. Remove all punctuations, except "-", and compacting the
   resulting string.  Multiple spaces would be reduced to a
   single white space, and remove prefixing and trailing
   spaces (required by base type xsd:token)

   E.g.   "New  York's  Philharmonic Orchestra    ---  Class A"
   -->    New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra --- Class A

2. Replace multiple occurences of "-" with a single hyphen.

   E.g.   New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra --- Class A
   -->    New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra - Class A

3. Replace any occurence of the sequence " -", "- " and
   " - "  (space followed by hyphen, or hyphen followed by
   space, or space followed by hyphen followed by space)
   with just hyphen "-".

   E.g.   New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra - Class A
   -->    New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra-Class A

4. Replace any occurence of space " " with "-"

   E.g.   New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra-Class A
   -->    New-Yorks-Philharmonic-Orchestra-Class-A

5. Replace all characters with their equivalent uppercase.

   E.g.   New-Yorks-Philharmonic-Orchestra-Class-A
   -->    NEW-YORKS-PHILHARMONIC-ORCHESTRA-CLASS-A

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979