Subject: Re: Question on decisions from Montreal

This was brought up at Montreal and again a few weeks ago when we realised a mistake in the model.  I hope you will find that now we have associated 'Payment' to the 'Payment Means'   it clarifies the situation.

The UBL Payment Means now has....
PaymentMeansTypeCode
DuePaymentDate
PaymentChannelCode (identifies the system through which the payment is processed, using a standard codelist.)

CardAccount
PayerFinancialAccount
PayeeFinancialAccount
CreditAccount
Payment
        ID (identifies the payment transaction that settles a debt.  For example, if the payment was by means of a cheque, then this ID would be the cheque number.)

        PaidAmount
        ReceivedDate

We understood that Payment ChannelCode  is what was meant by  Instruction Code (EDIFACT 4435 code)

However, the UBL Payment->ID is not what the eGov team meant by their PaymentID (EDIFACT  1153 code).  This is more like a reference to what the payment was for.  We have taken a different approach to EDIFACT on how to do this.  This is because UBL is based on hierarchical structures that are easier to express in XML.  The way to find out what a payment was for in the UBL Invoice is to look to its parent structure for references.  Each UBL Invoice Line may contain one or more AllowanceCharges which in turn contain the PaymentMeans.  So for a given Invoice Line we can say what allowances or charges are involved.  The same Invoice Line may also contain a reference to Items, Taxes, OrderLines, DespatchLines, ReceiptLines or Deliveries.  These tell us what the PayementMeans was for.  UBL did not adopt the use of a code set for this.  We see the means of adding additional transaction references as being achieved by extension of the schemas rather than extending code lists.  Hopefully UBL has captured to 80% of cases.  But, if the Danish Bankers required additional types of payment references they could extend their UBL schemas to define these.

Stephen may have some further comments, but this was how i recalled it.

Stig Korsgaard wrote:

Hi both,

For the Montreal meeting the Danish part of the e-Gov TC had some comments
to the structure of our LCSC library and in particular the Payment Means
object.

In order to use the scenario in a simple invoice scenario in Denmark we

need

two
additional elements in the PaymentMeans object. These elements could be
added to
the PaymentMeans object by expanding the Core Component Type under the

rules

in
"Guidelines for a compatible customization of UBL schemas" (WD 5), or they
could
be added by including the two new elements in the PaymentMeans object in

the

UBL
Invoice. The information is necessary when payment is done by use of Joint
Payments Cards which is the default mean of payment in this scenario.
The two elements we need in PaymentMeans are:

* PaymentID (Identification of Payor/Payment for reconciliation of incoming
payments).

* InstructionCode/Code for transfer forms (Identification of type and
functionality of form).

I do remember we discussed that, but I must admit I have lost track of the
conclusions. Could either of you help me by referring the decision we took
on this? And also why we did not include it, because as far as I can see it
is not included in releases!

I include the full set of comments here!
<<20030629 Danish eGov review of UBL 8.pdf>>

Best Regards

Stig Korsgaard
M.Sc.E Standardisation Manager
Tel:   +45 3370 1083