Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] [code] updated Catalogue and some draft schemas

Hello Chee-Kai,

I'm glad you asked that question because I've been a little unclear on
the details of how the final .xsd codelist files are generated from the
code list value files I'm providing.  It was my understanding from one
of our previous conversations that where a code list contained too many
values to list in the CLC, the code list  values would instead be put in a
separate file and in such cses an "=" sign would be entered in the CLC.
That is the mechanism I'm referring to below.  In the LCSC meeting on
Friday we decided that it would be better to have all codes handled
in the same way, so since many were going to be too long to put in the
Catalogue we decided to have them all in separate files (noted by the
"=" in the CLC "Actual  Values" column.

I think what we are  discussing now is the format and mechanism for
transforming that separate file into an xsd that can be delivered with
the release.
For this, I was under the assumption from one of our recent
conversations that
I should use the placebo files as a base for these code values files
(the placebo files
you have auto-generated for the codes for which we are providing values
out of the box.).
I wasn't sure, however, what was to happen to those files once the
actual values had
been entered, but I assumed using the auto-generated placebo files as a
starting
point would get us to the right end point for the tools you have.

I have been concentrating on updating the Catalogue to reflect our
decisions,
and putting the values into separate files using the auto-generated
placebo files
as templates.  Just let me know if what you need if it's different than what
I'm providing - files,with values filled in, using the placebo files as
templates,
but renamed as either 'standard' or 'stock', according to decisions
made recently for those codes, with the correct IP blurb included in the
comment block at the top.  For example, attached is the
"AllowanceChargeReasonCode" .xsd containing the code values for
the code list based on UNECE 4465.  There are two pieces of information
that need to get from this file to the final released xsd: a) the code
values themselves,
and b) the short paragraph at the beginning attributing the codes to UNECE
(in this case).  This is in similar fashion to what Jon had provided
with currency and
country), although this is based on your placebo auto-generated template.
If you're not able to use this format, let me know how else you'd like me to
provide this info.

I do recall a conversation between Jon and Ken regarding the use of Ken's
stylesheet to push the data values through using saxon to produce the final
output, but when you suggested I use the placebo files as starting points I
assumed this would get us to the same end point.  But if not, let me know
what format you would like to see for this information.

Thanks,

Anne

Chin Chee-Kai wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Anne Hendry wrote:
>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>One other decision from in Friday's call, but which shouldn't
>>>impact your processing:
>>>
>>>   -  all the code values we currently have would be placed in
>>>      .xsd files so that there will be no values in the CLC itself ,
>>>      the column "Actual Values" would only contain empty cells or
>>>      cells with an "=" sign.
>>>

>Sorry, I don't understand this.  Do you mean we'll
>first generate placeholder schemas (with namespace etc
>implemented), then have human fill in values directly
>into the .xsd files?   Sorry if I misunderstood you,
>but the above appears to suggest such an implementation
>step.
>

>Best Regards,
>Chin Chee-Kai
>SoftML
>Tel: +65-6820-2979
>Fax: +65-6743-7875
>Email: cheekai@SoftML.Net
>http://SoftML.Net/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--

  Universal Business Language (UBL) Schema 1.0-alpha draft-12

  The code values in this file are derived from the UN ECE code list
  found at http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/d03a/tred/tred4465.htm
  (Adjustment Reason Description Code) and are used under the terms
  of the UN ECE policy stated at http://www.unece.org/ece_legal.htm.

  Copyright (C) OASIS Open (2003). All Rights Reserved.

  This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to others, and
  derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it or assist in its
  implementation may be prepared, copied, published and distributed, in whole or
  in part, without restriction of any kind, provided that the above copyright
  notice and this paragraph are included on all such copies and derivative works.
  However, this document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by
  removing the copyright notice or references to OASIS, except as needed for the
  purpose of developing OASIS specifications, in which case the procedures for
  copyrights defined in the OASIS Intellectual Property Rights document must be
  followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than English.

  The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be revoked by
  OASIS or its successors or assigns.

  This document and the information contained herein is provided on an "AS IS"
  basis and OASIS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT
  LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT
  INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR
  A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

  For our absent friend, Michael J. Adcock  - il miglior fabbro

  Universal Business Language Specification
      (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl)
  OASIS Open (http://www.oasis-open.org/)

  Schema generated by UBL inter-schema helper (UBLish) v1.0-alpha.11
      (http://SoftML.Net/jedi/ubl/sw/UBLish)
  Running on XPS v3.3(INTERNAL)(Platinuum)(DEBUG) (http://SoftML.Net/xps)

  Document Type:     CodeList-rsn
  Generated On:      Fri Oct 17 09:53:07 2003
  Category:          Placebo

  Code List Source Information:
  Code List Qualifier:       AllowanceChargeReasonCode
  Code List Agency:          UNECE
  Code List Version:         D03A

  Values enclosed in square-bracket "[" and "]" are subject to change
  in future draft, minor or major revisions, and are non-normative.
-->
<xsd:schema version="1.0-alpha-draft-12"
  targetNamespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:codelist:AllowanceChargeReasonCode:1:0-alpha"
  xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:codelist:AllowanceChargeReasonCode:1:0-alpha"
  xmlns:rsn="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:codelist:AllowanceChargeReasonCode:1:0-alpha"
  xmlns:ccts="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:CoreComponentParameters:1:0-alpha"
  xmlns:rt="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:RepresentationTerms:1:0-alpha"
  elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"

  <xsd:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:CoreComponentParameters:1:0-alpha"
   schemaLocation="../../common/UBL-CoreComponentParameters-1.0-alpha-draft-12.xsd" />
  <xsd:import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:RepresentationTerms:1:0-alpha"
   schemaLocation="../../common/UBL-RepresentationTerms-1.0-alpha-draft-12.xsd" />
  <xsd:element name="DerivedCode" type="rsn:DerivedCodeType" />
  <xsd:complexType name="DerivedCodeType">
    <xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:documentation>
        <ccts:Instance>
          <!-- Data and values stored in this space are meant for instance-processing purposes, and are non-normative. -->

          <ccts:Prefix>rsn</ccts:Prefix>
          <ccts:CodeListQualifier>AllowanceChargeReasonCode</ccts:CodeListQualifier>
          <ccts:CodeListAgency>[UBL]</ccts:CodeListAgency>
          <ccts:CodeListVersion>[1.0a]</ccts:CodeListVersion>
        </ccts:Instance>
      </xsd:documentation>
    </xsd:annotation>
    <xsd:simpleContent>
      <xsd:restriction base="rt:CodeType">
            <xsd:enumeration value="Agreed settlement"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Below specification goods"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Damaged goods"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Short delivery"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Price query"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Proof of delivery required"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Payment on account"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Returnable container charge included"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Invoice error"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Costs for draft"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Bank charges"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Agent commission"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Counter claim"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Wrong delivery"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Goods returned to agent"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Goods partly returned"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Transport damage"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Goods on consignment"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Trade discount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Deduction for late delivery"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Advertising costs"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Customs duties"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Telephone and postal costs"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Repair costs"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Attorney fees"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Taxes"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Reclaimed deduction"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="See separate advice"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Buyer refused to take delivery"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Direct payment to seller"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Buyer disagrees with due date"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Goods not delivered"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Late delivery"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Quoted as paid to you"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Goods returned"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Invoice not received"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Credit note to debtor/not to usInvoice not received"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Deducted bonus"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Deducted discount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Deducted freight costs"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Deduction against other invoices"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Credit balance(s)"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Reason unknown"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Awaiting message from seller"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Debit note to seller"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Discount beyond terms"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="See buyer's letter"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Allowance/charge error"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Substitute product"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Terms of sale error"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Required data missing"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Wrong invoice"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Duplicate invoice"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Weight error"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Additional charge not authorized"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Incorrect discount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Price change"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Variation"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Chargeback"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Offset"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Indirect payment"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Financial reassignment"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Reinstatement of chargeback/offset"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Expecting new terms"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Settlement to agent"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Cash discount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Delcredere costs"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Early payment allowance adjustment"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Incorrect due date for monetary amount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Wrong monetary amount resulting from incorrect free goods quantity"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Rack or shelf replenishment service by a supplier"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Temporary special promotion"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Difference in tax rate"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Quantity discount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Promotion discount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Cancellation deadline passed"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Pricing discount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Volume discount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Sundry discount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Card holder signature missing"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Card expiry date missing"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Card number error"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Card expired"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Test card transaction"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Permission limit exceeded"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Wrong authorisation code"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Wrong authorised amount"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Authorisation failed"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Card acceptor data error"/>
            <xsd:enumeration value="Mutually defined"/>
      </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleContent>
  </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>