Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Origin of CardTypeCode for Credit Cards

Debit cards also have issuers -- a bank, Visa, MC, EC.

My original thought was something like this:

>>It was taken from the CardTypeCode of xCBL3.0 which says...
>>
>>     This code identifies the type of card used for payment.
>>
>>     Value: Enumeration, including:
>>
>>         * Other - Other Card Type
>>         * AMEX - American Express
>>         * VISA - VISA
>>         * MC - Master Card
>>         * Discover - Discover
>>         * JCB - JCB
>>         * Diners - Diners

CardTypeCode:

   AMEX  -- American Express
   VISA -- Visa Credit
   MC -- Master Card Credit
   Discover -- Discover
   JCB -- JCB
   Diners -- Diners
   VISADebit -- Visa Debit
   MCDebit -- Master Card Debit
   Debit -- Debit
   Other -- Other Card Type

My question back to you was -- is it important to know that a debit card is
a Visa or Master Card, or is just the fact that the card is a debit card
sufficient?  If the latter is true, all we need is another entry in the
CardTypeCode list called Debit and we could be done.  If we need to know
that it is a Visa or Master Card, then we would need separate entries in
the table for those debit cards.

We should make this as simple as possible........

____________________
Alan Stitzer
AVP
Marsh USA Inc.