Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] pre-draft model for appraisal and initial change log

i am not sure this need be that complicated.

my understanding of what Michel explained on tuesday is that he takes the UBL spreadsheet(s) and loads them into EDIFIX.  This gives him a database of UBL BIEs.  From this he can generate TBG17 spreadsheets and also XSD schema (as per NDR rules).

So our editing cycle should be.....

1. maintain spreadsheets (as we always have done).
2. Load into EDIFIX and
3. EDIFIX generates UBL Names and Dictionary Entry Names and does integrity checks  (which may require going back to (1.))
4. EDIFIX generates schemas .  it can also generate any TBG17 submissions - but we have already done this!

The only variation on this is that because of the large number of fiddly edits (such as leading or trailing spaces in some names), it is easier for us (just to start the cycle) to use the EDIFIX database to create a UBL spreadsheet as our initial base.  This UBL spreadsheet then becomes the maintenance format for our future modeling.

The question i have is why does this have to change from what we have always used? We do not need TBG17 (or any other formats) in our maintenance model.  EDIFIX will generate them as required.

Stephen Green wrote:
As a P.S. to my previous message, I'd add that beacuse of the obvious large size of the spreadsheets
(include effectively three models copies in one sheet) I think we'd best *not* publish these like this in our package.
(Not everyone has the bandwidth yet.)
We could just strip them back to the same format as published in the beta but provide the larger spreadsheets somehow for
implementers who need to see the changes from beta to final release more easily (along with the TBG17 submission data)

All the best

Steve
 One might of course
just use this side-by-side structure for pre-submission maintenance and delete the TBG17 columns, after copying their contents
(as strings) into another spreadsheet for submission, before publishing the former as UBL without the TBG17 side.

phone: +618 93352228