Subject: RE: BBIE paper

Hello Lisa,

thank you very much for this document. That's right, there are some clarrification in using of BBIEs necessary. The CCTS is not very clear at this point. The clarification from TBG 17 is very useful to understanding how we can define xml schema for ABIEs, BBIEs, ASBIEs and DTs. According these clarification paper, I propose the following definitions:

ABIEs
=======
	There are qualified and unqualified ABIEs
	The qualified ABIEs based on unqualified ABIEs and they're may be resrtricted
	The name of an ABIE includes the object class qualifiers, object class term and "Details" at the end.

	The complexTypes of ABIEs are defined with "Type" and without "Details" at the end (exp: DeliveryType)

	Example:
	<xsd:complexType name="DeliveryType">
	</xsd:complexType>

	For each ABIE a global declared elements exists, without Type and Details at the end (exp: Delivery)

	Example:
	<xsd:element name="Delivery" type="DeliveryType"/>

	A qualified and restricted ABIE must be based on a unqualified ABIE and must be defined as a new complexType and new global declared element.

	Example:
	<xsd:complexType name="InterimDeliveryType">
		<xsd:complexContent>
			<xsd:restriction base="DeliveryType">
			</xsd:restriction>
		</xsd:complexContent >
	</xsd:complexType>
	<xsd:element name="InterimDelivery" type="InterimDeliveryType"/>

	If the qualified ABIE is not restricted, only a global declared element is necessary which is typed of the appropriated unqualified ABIE.

	Example:
	<xsd:element name="FinalDelivery" type="DeliveryType"/>

CCTs
======
	Are complexTypes with all supplementary components (exp: QuantityType) in a specific namespace

	Example:
	<xsd:complexType name="QuanityType">
	</xsd:complexType>

unqualified DTs (primary + secondary representation terms)
	Unqualified DTs are complexTypes, which will be based on the specific CCTs and are more restricted according our requirements (exp: QuantityType)

	Example:
	<xsd:complexType name="QuanityType">
		<xsd:simpleContent >
			<xsd:restriction base="cct:QuantityType">
			</xsd:restriction>
		</xsd:simpleContent >
	</xsd:complexType>

	Unqualified DTs must be declared as a global elements based on the appriopriate type. The element name represents the representation term without type at the end (exp: Quantity)

	Example:
	<xsd:element name="Quantity" type="QuantityType"/>

Qualified DTs
================
	Qualified DTs must be based on unqualified DTs and can be restricted of it.
	The name of qualified DTs must be composed with representation term and at least one qualifier. Whereby the qualifier expresses the property term and 0 or more property qualifiers of BBIEs, which the specific qualified DT can be used (exp: MaximumQuantityType, MinimumQuantityType etc.).

	Unrestricted qualified DTs must be defined as complexTypes, which will be based on the appropriate unqualified DTs. This complexType must include a restriction.

	Example:
	<xsd:complexType name="MinimumQuanityType">
		<xsd:simpleContent >
			<xsd:restriction base="QuantityType">
			</xsd:restriction>
		</xsd:simpleContent >
	</xsd:complexType>

	For unrestricted qualified DTs a global element must be declared. This element must be typed of the appropriate complexType without "Type" at the end. (exp: MaximumQuantity, MinimumQuantity)

	Example:
	<xsd:element name="MinimumQuantity" type="MinimumQuantityType"/>

	For qualified unrestricted DTs only a global declared element is necessary. This element is typed of the appriopriate type of unqualified DT.

	Example:
	<xsd:element name="MaximumQuantity" type="QuantityType"/>

- BBIEs
========
	BBIEs existing in ABIEs only
	BBIEs carries the object class term of the correspondig ABIE
	BBIEs can be only represented as sub elements in a sequence of the correspondig ABIE but without the "Object Class Term" in the element name
	Therefore, the BBIE refers to the specific global declared elements of qualified and unqualified DTs:
	If the Property Term is the same as the Representation Term, than the BBIE refers to a global declared element of an unqualified DT
	If the Property Term is different as the Representation Term, than the BBIE referes to a global declared element of a qualified DT

	Example:
	<xsd:complexType name="DeliveryType">
		<xsd:sequence>
			<xsd:element ref="Quantity/> (BBIE refers to unqualified DT)
			<xsd:element ref="MaximumQuantity"/> (BBIE refers to qualifies DT)
		</xsd:sequence>
	</xsd:complexType>

ASBIEs
========
	ASBIEs existing in ABIEs only
	ASBIEs carries the object class term of the correspondig ABIE
	ASBIEs can be only represented as sub elements in a sequence of the correspondig ABIE but without the "Object Class Term" in the element name
	Therefore, the ASBIE refers to the specific global declared elements of qualified and unqualified ABIEs:
	If the Property Term is the same as the Object Class Term of the referred ABIE, than the ASBIE refers to a global declared element of an unqualified ABIE.
	If the Property Term is different as the bject Class Term of the referred ABIE, than the ASBIE refers to a global declared element of a qualified ABIE

	Example:
	<xsd:complexType name="LineItemType">
		<xsd:sequence>
			<xsd:element ref="Delivery/> (ASBIE refers to unqualified ABIE)
			<xsd:element ref="FinalDelivery"/> (ASBIE refers to qualified ABIE)
		</xsd:sequence>
	</xsd:complexType>

I hope my suggestion is understandable enough. I guess this is very clear, easy and understandable. This suggestion doesn't need so much rules and exception rules.

If you have further question, do not hesitate and ask me.

Kind regards,

	Gunther