Subject: [ubl-lcsc] ** Please Review UBL Model 1.0 draft 3 as a proposed final 1.0 model ** (sent earlier)

Greetings

Having pondered today the matter of an apparent
requirement or wish for a YearMonth DataType, I've
come to the conclusion that there are too many
issues for debate to meet the deadline for 1.0.
One issue for example is that, as I think Sue suggested,
it might be better to propose it as a new CCT. Others
include the fact that we don't use xsd:choice in UBL
and so we'd probably need something like two
separate BBIEs ExpiryDate and ExpiryYearMonth
each of which would be optional and implementers
would have to accept that either or even both might
be used (the latter probably incorrectly ??). All this
would need debate. Not least is the fact that we'd have
to spend some time examining and reveiwing how, for
the first time, we implement the CC naming rules and
CCT metadata, etc whether there need be any
Supplementary Components and the like. All too much
for me to do alone and all in one day and really I need
to get the draft model out today (which in Asia is almost
 over).

So I can almost see Tim's glee as I back down on
this one :-)

** This means I'll suggest we take 1.0 draft 3, that posted
earlier today, as the draft for review for 1.0 final. **

Phew.

Also, I'll start to look at the instances and FPSC Specs
in the light of the Schemas I sent out earlier, hoping
that the finally accepted versions will be the same or
won't be far removed from these. The sample will need
some changing to adopt the split reusable data
(CAT and CBT) but I hope I can do this with some
confidence that in the timescale available it won't have to
be radically changed again. I expect Ken will be thinking
similarly :-)

All the best

Steve