Subject: Modeling Core Component Types

The UBL Library has been built upon a set of data types/core component
types defined by the CEFACT CCTS v2.0 specification.

To date, we have relied upon hand crafted schemas to define these.  This
has resulted in a few problems...

a. the schemas have to be mapped to the representation terms in the UBL
models.
b. they have not always bewen synchronized with other deliverables
c. the provide a disjointed view of the overall UBL library.

Over the past few weeks we had had various discussions about how to deal
with this in a more controlled manner.

One of the options is to go back to our basic design approach and create
models of these from which XSD code can be generated.  I know the
Michael Dill has been keen to see this.

To this end I have dug into the CCTS specification and created a model
of the Core Component Types - both as a UML Class Diagram and a UBL
format spreadsheet model.  These are attached.  My objective was to
create structures that modelled the Dictionary Entry Names in the
specification.

I would be interested in other opinions on this strategy - particularly
Michael and the TBG17 group.

PS this exercise exposed a few typos (i suspect) in the specification so
 few objects have slightly different names.

phone: +618 93352228

GIF image

UBL-CoreComponentTypes-draft1.xls