Subject: RE: [ubl-lcsc] Modeling Core Component Types

Tim,

Some thoughts for you -
> The UBL Library has been built upon a set of data types/core
> component
> types defined by the CEFACT CCTS v2.0 specification.
>
> To date, we have relied upon hand crafted schemas to define
> these.  This
> has resulted in a few problems...
> a. the schemas have to be mapped to the representation terms
> in the UBL models.
> b. they have not always bewen synchronized with other deliverables
> c. the provide a disjointed view of the overall UBL library.

both the CCT and Unqualified DT schema modules are in fact normative expressions of CCTS to be used by anyone - not just UBL and not just for the UBL library. The recent change to mapping to DTs rather that RTs would seem to eliminate this aspect of the problem.  The focus should be on creating the UBL qualified DT schema module as an expression of the LC content model.

> To this end I have dug into the CCTS specification and
> created a model of the Core Component Types - both as a UML Class Diagram and a UBL
> format spreadsheet model.  These are attached.  My objective was to
> create structures that modelled the Dictionary Entry Names in the
> specification.

I like the idea of the model and it would be a welcome addition to the CCTS, but am not convinced that yours is 100% accurate.  As I look at the CCTs defined in Table 8-1 of CCTS, there appear to be many inconsistencies in terms of both class and subclass as expressed in your model.  I would also like to see a separate UML model of the UBL qualified DTs.

> PS this exercise exposed a few typos (i suspect) in the
> specification so
>  few objects have slightly different names.

Please identify the typos so I can fix the CCTS.

Thanks,

Mark