Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] MinOccurrence/MaxOccurrence

Item 1.

this was discussed at the 0p70 review and the resolution states...

a) Min/Max values are in spreadsheet; NDR should ensure these are picked
up by tools; LC needs to define policy for default values.

the LC policy is for explicit cardinality statements in the schemas - we
cannot rely on defaults.  we have an issue with XMLSpy becasue it likes
to update the schemas and remove default statements - but that does not
affect the policy only the QA'ing of the schemas.

I do not think this applies to sequence - which is an XSD construct.  As
such it is  not described in our models so we have nothing to say about
cardinality.  I assume that it defaults to 0..1 but if it doesn't we
need an NDR rule for this as well.
.

b) the handcrafted schemas do not fit many NDRs - that is one of the
issues for the plenary.  they are currently based on OAG/UBL/ATG2
work-in-progress plus some UBL specific chnages to correct them.  if we
make these part of the modeling they can be generated by EF (like the
other schemas) and fit the same the NDRs - then we dont get this
confusion and inconsistency.