Subject: RE: Use of CCT's

let me 1) think about it for a couple of days 2) check with the UBL LC to see what they have done, and 3) ask TBG17 who is doing the CEFACT implementations to see if I can capture a consensus.

________________________________

From: Lisa M. Shreve [mailto:lshreve@comcast.net]
Sent: Fri 2/27/2004 6:58 PM
To: CRAWFORD, Mark
Subject: Use of CCT's

Hi Mark,

Some of our groups continue to struggle over which CCT to use, under different circurstances.

One that came up recently is phone number.  While it is a number, it clearly is not numeric, not a quantity, not a measure --- I would say that Text is the right choice.  But, I don't see anywhere that I can point to, in order to produce a rule.

So, first, do you agree that Text is the right CCT?

Second, can you help me with the rule -- I've got my TAS hat on ...

Thanks,

lms