Subject: UBL: question on CCT language component

   Hi,

In matching up the UBL xsd datatype assignments to cct types, I could
use some clarification on the 'language*' components.  All other
components listed in table 8-2 of ccts 2.01 have a 'content' component
and then some supplementary components.  However, language* components
seem to be all supplementary, with no content component - they just
appear as 'Language.Identifier' and 'Language.Locale.Identifier'.  So,
then, going through the xsd representation of the Code type in table
8-2, for example, I have all the attributes (supplementary components)
of Code type accounted for, but there is one extra in the schema that is
not in the cct 8-2 table.  That is 'languageID'.  Here is the xsd for
the 'Code' element:

- <xsd:simpleContent>
- <xsd:extension base="xsd:token">
  <xsd:attribute name="listID" type="xsd:token" use="optional" />
  <xsd:attribute name="listAgencyID" type="xsd:token" use="optional" />
  <xsd:attribute name="listAgencyName" type="xsd:token" use="optional" />
  <xsd:attribute name="listName" type="xsd:token" use="optional" />
  <xsd:attribute name="listVersionID" type="xsd:token" use="optional" />
  <xsd:attribute name="name" type="xsd:token" use="optional" />
  <xsd:attribute name="languageID" type="xsd:language" use="optional" />
  <xsd:attribute name="listURI" type="xsd:anyURI" use="optional" />
  <xsd:attribute name="listSchemeURI" type="xsd:anyURI" use="optional" />
  </xsd:extension>
  </xsd:simpleContent>

The definition of the 'Language.Identifier' component in the ccts 8-2
table defines it as "The indentifier of the language used in the
corresponding text string."  Well, ok, there is a 'text' string (name)
in the schema right above this that corresponds to the ccts entry in 8-2
'Code.Name.Text'.  However, there are other 'text' strings (eg. in
BinaryObject Name, etc) in 8-2 tha t don't seem to have a 'languageID'
attribute attached.

So my questions are:

a) Why does Language.Identifier not have a content component?  It seems
like somewhat of a free-floating supplementary component the way it is now.
b) When/how do we choose to use the Language.Identifier?
c) Along with Language.Identifier in table 8-2 there is
'Language.Locale.Identifier', also a seemingly free-floating
supplementary component.  Is it expected that wherever there is a
Language.Identifier attribute needed/used there should also be a
Language.Locale.Identifier?

I am only looking at the cct schema. I'm assuming the rep terms schema
is going away.  Is this a correct assumption and I should only look at
cct?  What about the cc parameters schema - will that be auto-generated
(or will that one be removed too)??

Thanks,
An ne