Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] Re: Modeling/formalizing representation of CoreComponent Types

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum]  Re: Modeling/formalizing representation
of Core Component Types
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:45:48 -0800
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@cim3.com>
To: ontolog-forum@ontolog.cim3.net

Thanks to Pat Cassidy, Kurt Conrad, Nenad Ivezic, Tim McGrath, Bo
Newman, Adam Pease & Peter Yim who participated (and to Mark Crawford,
Monica Martin & Sue Probert who sent in their regrets - believe
they're all in Bonn now at the UN/CEFACT face-to-face meeting), we had
a most productive conference call, that lasted a little over 2 hours.

The proceedings is captured on at meeting wiki page at:
  http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_03_11_CCT

We all agreed that there is good potential for using ontological
engineering methodologies to make a contribution here. Those at the
call decided to start a task force and a mini project to look further
into the matter. We will try to engage representatives from multiple
standards body that are involved, and will aim at producing a report
(over the next 3 months) on findings and recommendations on the
modeling/formalizing representation of the ebXML Core Component Types.

All: please continue the discourse on this thread. I'll be setting up
a project page on the wiki for this (shortly) too.

Thanks & regards.  -ppy