Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Code list content review

we did all spend a lot of time of document status and line status codes and i am happy what you see is the group consensus.  if it is not a restriction on the UNCL code then so be it.  I now recall we simply tried to align the terminology with these lists.

i can also comment on your last comment.  we use the code list mechanism to establish fixed sets of values for a BBIE.  in other words if we want an enumerated list - we call it a code.  it is a terminology issue.  what we are calling a code list mechanism is really an enumerated lists mechanism.  we do use it for codes but it could be for other types of BBIEs as well. i think Gunther has already mentioned identifiers ;-)

Sue Probert wrote:
Hi Tim

Yes, Edifix does have all these UNCL codes internally available. The only
thing I had to check was which version of UNCL the UBL list equated to -
this is the D03A directory version.

The concern I have with regards to the line status and document status codes
is that I cannot find all the UBL values in the UNCL appropriate lists which
are 1229 for line status codes and 1225 or possibly 1373 for document status
codes. Some certainly match up such as 'cancelled' but others are missing or
not exact matches. I guess that we can deal with this later. Edifix can
subset code lists for EDI guidelines but I am not sure how this works for
schema use.

Finally, your proposal for the remaining code lists should be fine, I guess.
However, I am left wondering why these are code lists at all as they seem
like pairs of indicator values. Again a question for later on, I suppose.

regards

Sue