Subject: Re: [ubl-l10n] Additional questions and comments regarding AllowanceCharge

The only way to specify Payment Means in an Order is from an AllowanceCharge, so i suspect you would need to create an Allowance Charge to specify the Payment Means of an Order.

I tend to agree that this is not a good structure. It would be better to just have Payment Means for the Order.  I will ask the Library Content team if they can see why it was not done this way originally.

Yukinori Saito wrote:
Dear Tim McGrath,

Thank you very much for your reply.

May I ask a question regarding the previous question (3)?

We understood that the meaning of AllowanceCharge is the allowance (that
reduce the amount) and Charges (that increase the amount). The
AllowanceCharge is a ASBIE for a kind of optional amount (price).
Let's suppose an Order, that has a base Price, and that does not have
AllowanceCharge (additional amount).
In this case, if the Buyer wants to specify the PaymentMeans, what does he
do?
Does he specify the AllowanceCharge to specify the PaymentMeans?
He wants to specify LineExtensionTotalAmount, BasePrice and PaymentMeans. He
does not want to specify the AllowanceCharge.
I think, in the current structure of UBL Order, he has to specify the
AllowanceCharge to specify the PaymentMeans.

This is the reason that the PaymentMeans should be independent to
AllowanceCharge.
I think that the ASBIE of PaymentMeans should be directly located under the
ABIE of Order.

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
Yukinori Saito
Electronic Commerce Promotion Council of Japan (ECOM)
E-mail: y-saito@ecom.jp
Tel: +81-3-3436-7542    Fax: +81-3-3436-7570