ubl-lsc message

Subject: [ubl-lsc] Important UBL Liaison SC meeting

Members of the UBL Liaison Subcommittee and invited observers,

Remember that we are meeting Friday 26 April 2002 at 8
a.m. California time.  Note that the recent change to Daylight
Saving Time means that the meeting is now one hour earlier than
before for callers from outside the U.S.

At our last meeting (4/12) several members were, due to a variety
of personal circumstances, unable to attend the call, and as a
result we failed to achieve a quorum and could not really conduct
formal business, though we did get through a good calendar review.

In the upcoming meeting, we will need to get status reports on
current reviews and will also need to discuss two very important
policy topics: the management of reviews going forward and the
construction of our future relationship to UN/CEFACT.  We are
being asked again about our relationship to CEFACT now that it's
reorganizing, and we need to start talking about this.  Mark and I
will probably be spending a big chunk of our time at the
X12-hosted UBL meeting in June conferring with CEFACT and X12
people about this, and we need to know where your organizations
stand on the issue going into those discussions.

For this reason, it's important that we know we will have a
quorum.  Please reply to this list with an indication of whether
you will be attending next Friday's meeting or not so that I can
know whether we will have sufficient attendance at that meeting to
schedule these issues.

Jon