ubl-lsc message

Subject: RE: [ubl-lsc] Remember: UBL Liaison SC telcon Friday (2002.04.26)

Jon,
Regrets.
I will not be able to call in Friday (other than briefly as I will only be
able to use mobile phone from Europe ($$$$).  However, OASIS is continuing
inter-organizational contacts that may be of interest to UBL.  Here are some
updates:

1) UK Office of e-Envoy.
I am meeting with e-Envoy management and the Chair of the OASIS Election
Services TC.  The UK's e-GIF (Government Interoperability Framework)
organization is currently reviewing ebXML and UBL (along with many other
"standards") before moving ahead to make any formal endorsement of standards
that would then become mandatory at ALL governmental levels with the UK.

2) CIDX & PIDX.
I have accepted an invitation to attend and present at the CIDX meeting in
Houston on 20-21 May (then hop a flight to ebXML meetings in Barcelona).
These two orgs plus a couple other related orgs are meeting to decide which
e-Business activities they should endorse.  I'll do a broad OASIS update but
also use appropriate UBL slides depending on what are the key issues they
tell me they want to hear about.

3) CommerceNet
Follow-up discussions are continuing with OASIS, however they are still in a
significant management/direction change, and are not ready to take steps to
announce inter-organizational projects just yet.

4) TranXML
I met with representatives from Transentric on their TranXML effort.  They
are leaning heavily toward creating BODs within OAGI.  Unfortunately there
are folks within OAGI who are VERY negative about UBL.  So, more work needs
to be done to discuss with Transentric synergistic ways to work to create an
atmosphere for more positive liaison with UBL.  Discussions are continuing.

Keep up the good work.  I'll let you know of other efforts.

Patrick Gannon
President & CEO
OASIS
+1-978-667-5115 x201 (Office)