ubl-lsc message

Subject: RE: [ubl-lsc] Agenda: UBL Liaison SC telcon Friday (2002.05.10)

Jon,

I will join the call if I can.  If not, here are a few updates from OASIS
staff.

1) CIDX - I am speaking at the CIDX meeting in Houston on 20-21 May.

2) CTML TC - the newly announced Controlled Trade Markup Language TC wants
to build their unique requirements on top of ebXML eBusiness standards,
common vocabularies, and in concert with industry domain-specific standards
such as the CIDX Chem eStandards.  We urge interested UBL members to
participate in the CTML TC, and create an appropriate liaison to UBL if and
when it might be appropriate.  Sign up NOW!

3) TranXML - I have met with representatives of TranXML (Transentric) to
invite them to form a Transportation industry TC or member section, so they
can build international transportation industry-specific transactions, while
working close with the ebXML TCs and the UBL TC.  We'll provide further
updates as discussion continue.

4) GTWA - I will be speaking at the Global Trading Web Association on 17
May.  Discussion are continuing with CommerceNet and GTWA on development of
a joint project involving ebXML for inter-operative e-Marketplaces.  The
migration of GTWA members from xCBL to UBL with other e-Market
platform/exchange providers (e.g. Oracle, Ariba) would possibly be part of a
phase-2 project.

Best regards,

Patrick Gannon
President & CEO