ubl-lsc message

Subject: [ubl-lsc] XBRL UBL review package

Dear XBRL,

As you know from previous announcements on this list and invitations to participate,   the review period for the latest UBL package is in progress. The package also sports supplementary materials to aid in the prototyping of UBL applications.

The XBRL community has often underscored the importance and benefits of interoperability with other XML standards. Universal Business Language (UBL) is one such standard that is intended to become an international standard for electronic commerce freely available to everyone without licensing or other fees.  UBL is being spear-headed by Jon Bosak, the original organizer of the group that created XML.

Interoperability with UBL requires substantive participation in reviews by the XBRL community.

To further facilitate this participation, I have created two documents. One is a XBRL-specific guide to the UBL package to help you navigate the current release.  The other is a spreadsheet -  I went through all of the UBL components (500+) and marked up a candidate list of the groups that may be useful to XBRL.  The third document is a comment form used by UBL to track feedback. Please email me this form with your comments by April 10, 2003.

Hope you will find these documents, the following synopsis, and listed resources helpful in bringing you up to date on UBL, and in contributing to the interoperability between UBL and XBRL.  Please let me know your availability for contributing to this effort.

Best regards,

Ray Seddigh
PricewaterhouseCoopers
XML, UBL, XBRL, Thought Leadership, et cetera

XBRL Liaison to UBL

Here are the files.

XBRL-UBL-Interoperability-Brief-Ray-Seddigh-02.pdf

UBL_Comment-0p1.rtf

UBL_Library_0p70_normalized_components-for-XBRL-RS-1.xls

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.