ubl-lsc message

Subject: Status update on 0.80 review

Please accept my apologies for being unable to attend the forthcoming
Liaison call.  I am submitting a written report of the progress to date
with our review of UBL 0.80

The conceptual models and document models were distrubuted to the review
teams (RosettaNet, OAG and e-Gov) in the week of July 16th.  This
package included both spreadsheets and UML class diagrams covering the
amendments to previous documents based on the 0.70 review as well as the
new document type, Order Change.  These were not made publicly available
(unless by request) to focus our resources on the three review groups.

Since that time, the UBL teams have been working on XML schema
representations of these document models. and drafts have been under
internal review since  23rd June.  We hope to provide these to the
review teams over the next 2 weeks but they are not seen as critical to
their review task which will focus more on logical structures and
business semantics rather than syntax.

The three review teams have been working on the models.  To date, we
have a initial input from OAG (who have been taking a piece-by-piece
approach and reviewed the Address structure initially).  (as a side note
to Ram and the CIQ group, this is moving in the direction of closer
alignment to the terminology and structure of xAL).

Some of the e-Gov team have been focussing on the business scenarion or
scope of our documents and in particular the reconcilation of Invoice
data.

The RosettaNet team have been participating in our calls but have not
submitted any formal response as yet.

The review teams will have until  the week of July 21st to provide their
comments.  From this we shall develop UBL 1.0 (draft committe spec)
starting at the UBL Plenary July 28-August 1st.

Those wishing to follow the review more closely, may observe the UBL
LCSC mail archive (I think - if Kavi does its thing) and filtering on
the subject lines containing the string "[roe]".

--
regards
tim mcgrath

0618skedLC.pdf