ubl-lsc message

Subject: Fwd: UN/CEFACT position on UBL

This is related to a question that came up in today's UBL Liaison
SC call regarding UN/CEFACT's position on UBL.  The message below
appeared 21 August 2003.

For UBL's current position with regard to UN/CEFACT, see the
report given to the MoU/MG in November:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/4419/20031125-moumg.pdf

Jon

Correspondents: Please be aware that I will be out of email range
entirely 13-17 January.  I will check mail 18 January and should
be able to respond by COB 19 January.

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:12:41 -0700
Subject: =?WINDOWS-1252?Q?UN/CEFACT=92s_position_re_UBL...?=
From: Klaus-Dieter Naujok <knaujok@attglobal.net>
To: "UN/CEFACT TMG General Discussion List" <uncefact-tmg-general@listman.disa.org>

UN/CEFACT’s position re UBL post its announcement of 21August 2003
regarding the successful conclusion of the ebXML initiative

UN/CEFACT recognises that the UBL community will be concerned about
today’s announcement. However, UN/CEFACT remains committed to its
position as elaborated in an email from Ray Walker, Chair of its
Steering Group to Jon Bosak, the Chair of the OASIS UBL technical
committee on 18 July.

Specifically, UN/CEFACT will support only one document-centric approach
to XML content and its desire is that UBL will be the foundation for
that approach.

In addition, subject to the agreement of OASIS, the brand UBL will be
formally recognized in the official UN/CEFACT naming of this product.

We hope that we will be able to use the Seoul UN/CEFACT Forum meeting
to finalise any remaining detail.

--
Klaus-Dieter Naujok                         UN/CEFACT/TMG Chair
Global e-Business Advisory Council            Principal Advisor