Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Agenda for 5 December 2001 UBL NDR meeting

I'm sending this agenda now because I'll be out of town on business Sunday
through Tuesday, and I'm not sure I'll get a chance to send one
sufficiently before the meeting otherwise.  Take this as a hint to work on
your action items (I have some of my own)...

I would like to suggest that this be our last meeting of the calendar
year.  If we're clever about assigning position papers, people will
hopefully be able to produce some drafts during the rest of December in the
copious spare time we're giving ourselves :-), and we'll have a lot to chew
on by early January.

NDR SC portal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

We will meet by phone next Wednesday, 5 December 2001 at:

   8-10am PT   (GMT -8)
   11am-1pm ET (GMT -5)
   5-7pm Eur   (GMT +1)

Please use the following dial-in information:

   +1 805 240 9673
   participant code 165-412

Agenda:

1. Roll call
    See member list at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/.

2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meeting:
    28 November 2001 meeting:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200111/msg00110.html

3. Adoption of agenda (please send suggestions *before* meeting)

4. Action item review
    Let's keep this to status/meta-discussion, not "real work".

    ACTION: Eve to write a section for the NDR document documenting the
    choice of schema language, and a position paper for the archives.

    ACTION: Arofan to create a new use case for instance constraint
    checking.
    Continued until November 29.

    ACTION: Mark to revise the NDR document to reflect editorial
    directions by next meeting, if possible.
    Continued until November 30.

    ACTION: Arofan/Sue/Lisa to provide the xCBL naming guidelines (and
    all the other xCBL guidelines!).
    Continued until November 28.

    ACTION: Mark to update naming position paper with our suggestions
    (including email suggestions).
    Continued until sometime before next meeting (December 5).

    ACTION: Dale to revise 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 to make them shorter and
    provide a reference to the source whence the information came.
    DONE.

    ACTION: Mark to take a look at the original XML 1.0 design principles
    to see if it's useful to add any of them to our document.

    ACTION: Arofan to send a pointer to the draft ebtWG specification that
    has a process diagram that will be helpful for figuring out use case
    actors.

    ACTION: Sue and Maryann to do some use case brainstorming offline.

    ACTION: Dale and Sue to work up tag structure examples and examine
    them in light of the two "PatientParty" circumstances listed in
    the November 28 minutes.  Other interested parties are Mark, Arofan,
    Eduardo.  Due by December 5.

    ACTION: Mark to check with Mike on what the purpose of Section 5.4 is,
    and follow up with editorial changes as necessary.

    ACTION: Mark to insert into the NDR document links to the existing
    position papers, with notes about their being extremely non-settled
    and non-normative.

5. Current position paper champions, status, and priorities

    Mark:
    - Markup naming (A-priority)
    - Design principles
    - Relationship between UBL and UN/CEFACT constructs

    Eve:
    - Choice of schema language (A-priority)

    Doug:
    - TPA

    Arofan:
    - Customization (A-priority)

    Bill:
    - Modularization/namespaces/versioning

    Gunther:
    - Elements vs. attributes

    Dave:
    - Use cases (with Maryann) (A-priority)
    - Local vs. global elements

    Mike:
    - Code (enumerated) lists

6. XML 2001 messages to give Jon
    Let's try to list/organize all the bullet points we'd like Jon to
    cover.  Some potential themes (we probably want to pick only 5):

    - Review the charter for our SC and provide NDR portal URL
    - Review our use cases (if we feel they're developed enough by then)
    - Give an idea of the breadth we're trying to cover
    - Explain our connections to other groups doing a similar thing
    - Talk about the validator support issue and our software test list
    - Give the flavor of our modularity/versioning/namespace issue
    - Give the flavor of our markup naming issue

7. Finish going through the NDR document outline and assign more champions
    We really must finish this time!
    (I realize we may not get to many of the following agenda items.)

8. Legal issues (following on to Arofan's posting)

9. Use case review (Maryann Richards)

10. Tag structure position

11. Customization position

12. Next steps
     - Meeting schedule
     - Position paper work for the next month
     - Goals for UBL F2F #2

13. Adjourn