Subject: RE: Fwd: [ubl-ndrsc] Instance constraint checking

The example seems like it's actually trying to be two examples at once:

a) the tax (abstract) type with two (concrete) subtypes -- PercentTax and
FlatRateTax
b) some type with 250 subtypes

The modeling approach for the two different cases may very well be
different.  I suggest if we want to talk about both (a) and (b) that we're
clear that they aren't necessarily solved by the same approach.

For the tax example (a), couldn't I handle this trivial modeling problem
with plain old XML schema using one of the "Variable Content Container"
approaches http://www.xfront.com/VariableContentContainers.pdf

In particular "Method 4: Implementing variable content containers using a
dangling type" describes how to create a variable content container
containing a simple type.

Is there some advantage to the schematron approach over "Method 4" for the
tax example?

For problem (b), can you give an example -- because I don't think tax fits
(with 250 subtypes).

-Bill