Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Elements vs. attributes: discussion kickoff

> My position on this is use attributes only for document level information.
> This means that for the most part only built-in document level attributes such
> as xml:lang, id and idref should be used

 Using id and idref is a potential source of application level issues
since
the value of a id-typed attribute must be a NT-Name production [1]. I
think
that we should allow an ID to start with a digit.

>  I also believe that by enforcing
> attributes at the document level,
> we will provide clarity, avoid confusion, and enable better structuring.

 I agree with Mark and Matt on this.

	Fabrice

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#NT-Name
--
Fabrice Desré - France Telecom R&D/DTL/MSV
Tel: +(33) 2 96 05 31 43