OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl-ndrsc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Agenda for 27 February 2002 UBL NDR meeting

NDR SC portal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/
(I will update it by COB today.)

We will meet by phone on Wednesday, 27 February 2002, at:

   8-10am PT   (GMT -8)
   11am-1pm ET (GMT -5)
   5-7pm Eur   (GMT +1)

Please use the following dial-in information, which will remain the same 
through at least March 27:

   Toll-free (from the U.S.)         +1 888 232 0361
   International access/caller-paid  +1 805 240 9673
   Participant code                  165-412


1. Roll call (till x:05)
    See member list at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meetings (till x:06)

    20 February 2002 telecon:

3. Adoption of agenda (please send suggestions *before* meeting) (till x:07)

    Today we are scheduled to resolve tag structure/data dictionary issues
    and code lists.

4. Action item review (till x:20)

    ACTION: Arofan to join Mark in writing the tag structure material.
    It needs to be written in a "normative" way (i.e., as instructions
    ready to be put into the NDR document).

    ACTION: Eve to update the code list position paper to reflect the
    ideas brought up in the 20 Feb discussion, and disseminate it to the
    LC SC before their meeting on 21 Feb.  DONE.

    ACTION: Bill and Mavis to champion the URI/URN issue and determine
    an approach.  Arofan suggested talking to Kelly Schwartzhoff about
    this problem.

    ACTION: Arofan, Tim, Gunther, and Lisa to develop example and code
    with LC SC.  This example should grow to illustrate the modnamver
    proposal.  To be sent to both LC and NDR SCs.

    ACTION: Arofan to liaise with the CMSC on the issue of code list
    extensibility and subsetting.

    ACTION: Ron to write up a description of the "partial document"
    use case by next Monday for review by the NDR SC and LC SC.  Sue
    to forward Ron's NDR mail on this to the LC list.

    ACTION: Matt to do a writeup on the "document design time" (fixed
    vs. varying) assignment of roles.

5. Code lists (till y:10)
    Position paper:

    - What news from the CM SC on code lists?
    - Has the LC SC had any reaction to the position paper?
    - Identifiers for internal and external code lists: need "namespaces"?
      . Would this be usable in the context methodology?
      . What are the XML processing ramifications?
    - Style of allowing a custom code: keyword or flag?

6. Top-level tag naming
    Position paper:

    - What are UBL/ebXML implications of this use case?
    - Does/should the top-level tag naming affect the usage?

7. Roles and abstract types
    Position paper:

8. Other tag structure and data dictionary issues (led by Arofan and Mark)

9. Planning for March 11 deadline (till x:15)

     - Feb 28-Mar 6: (what?)
     - Mar 7-9: (what?)

     Remaining work (how to fit it into the weeks?):
     Elements vs. attributes
     Empty elements
     Sharing names when types are shared
     Final edits

9. Adjourn (z:00)
Eve Maler                                    +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center   eve.maler @ sun.com

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC