OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl-ndrsc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Agenda for 6 March 2002 UBL NDR meeting

Reminder: I won't be attending (unless I get extraordinarily lucky 
with my schedule); Mark will be leading the call.  Please call in 

NDR SC portal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

We will meet by phone on Wednesday, 6 March 2002, at:

   8-10am PT   (GMT -8)
   11am-1pm ET (GMT -5)
   5-7pm Eur   (GMT +1)

Please use the following dial-in information, which will remain the 
same through at least March 27:

   Toll-free (from the U.S.)         +1 888 232 0361
   International access/caller-paid  +1 805 240 9673
   Participant code                  165-412


1. Roll call
    See member list at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meetings

    27 February 2002 telecon:

3. Adoption of agenda (please send suggestions *before* meeting)

4. Planning for the deadline

    Remaining work (how to fit it into the weeks?):
    - Elements vs. attributes and empty elements
    - modnamver, particularly namespaces and versioning
    - Final edits

    Mark believes that we don't have to finish our drafts by March 11.
    Rather, we can be prepared to show up in Barcelona with drafts that
    our EWG colleagues will read once there.  We should also be
    prepared to make a presentation. How will the next week-plus look?

5. Action item review

    ACTION: Arofan and Mark to finish the tag structure paper,
    including a proposal for top-level tag naming.

    ACTION: Bill and Mavis to champion the URI/URN issue and determine
    an approach.

    ACTION: Arofan, Tim, Gunther, and Lisa to develop example and code
    with LC SC.  This example should grow to illustrate the modnamver

    ACTION: Eve and Dale (and everyone!) to comment on the schema
    code produced by Gunther et al. by COB 28 February.

    ACTION: Matt to do a writeup on the "document design time" (fixed
    vs. varying) assignment of roles.

    ACTION: Ron to make a specific proposal on retaining "native
    context" of data elements when they are assembled into something
    new for the purpose of A2A or B2B integration.  To be done in time
    for Barcelona attendees to read and digest it.

    New ACTION: Eve to check with Bill on "selling" the role model

    ACTION: All paper owners to make edits March 7-11.

6. Tag structure

    I suggest we walk through the issues in whatever way Mark and
    Arofan prefer.  Hopefully we'll have their draft before the call.
    Also, I had a great conversation with Bill yesterday about "role
    models" and ways to (a) quantify our existing tag naming rules
    better while (b) taking up the question of the relationship between
    tag names and type assignments.  Bill may have a draft of a
    proposal to look at by the time of the call.

7. Elements vs. attributes

    Perhaps we'll have time for this in the call.

8. Adjourn

Eve Maler                                    +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center   eve.maler @ sun.com

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC