Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Minutes for 1 May 2002 UBL NDR SC meeting

Minutes for 1 May 2002 NDR SC meeting

1. Roll call (quorum is 8)
     * Bill Burcham        YES
     * Mavis Cournane
     * Mark Crawford       YES
     * Fabrice Desré
     * Matt Gertner
     * Arofan Gregory      YES
     * Phil Griffin        YES
     * Jessica Glace
     * Eduardo Gutentag
     * John Larmouth
     * Eve Maler           YES
     * Sue Probert         YES
     * Lisa Seaburg        YES
     * Gunther Stuhec
     * Paul Thorpe

    Quorum not reached as of y:15.  We proceeded informally.

2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meeting

    24 April 2002 F2F meeting:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200204/msg00069.html

    Deferred.

3. Adoption of agenda

    Adopted.

4. Status review

      Mavis:
      - A: Tag structure/NDR changes IN PROGRESS

      Eve:
      - A: Code list paper IN PROGRESS
      - A: Help Mavis with Word styles in NDR document DONE
      - A: Get LC SC feedback on global attributes IN PROGRESS
      - A: Get LC SC feedback on "prose" needs DONE
      - A: Send out proposed wording for RT/CCT proposal #3 DONE

      Bill:
      - C: Role model paper

      Arofan:
      - A: (with Gunther) Take up facet discussion with LC SC
      - A: (with Sue) Send out proposed wording for RT/CCT
           proposal #4 CANCELED
      - A: Arofan to forward the latest version of the xCBL
           versioning paper
      - B: Containership paper

      Sue:
      - A: (with Arofan) Send out proposed wording for RT/CCT
           proposal #4 CANCELED

      Gunther:
      - A: (with Arofan) Take up facet discussion with LC SC
      - C: Date/time paper

      Summary of work to be done:

      A External recommendations for changes to CCTS IN PROGRESS
      A Code lists IN PROGRESS
      A Modnamver IN PROGRESS
      A NDR document production IN PROGRESS
      A Review the purchase order schema design
      A (Officially decide elements vs. attributes DONE)
      A (Officially decide empty elements DONE)
      B Tag structure
      B Containership
      B Fixed vs. varying types
      C Dates and times

     Schedule:
     May 1: RT/CCT completion, code lists (1hr)
     May 8: (2hr)
     May 15: (1hr)
     May 22: (2hr)
     May 29: (what else?), approve NDR document for distribution (2hr)
     June 5-9 (the F2F meeting itself, if all goes according to plan)

5. RT/CCT comment approval
     See threads on ubl-comment list (let's not take oodles more time
     on this).

     Our larger concern is that (a) the CCTS is currently not very usable
     to anyone actually mapping it to a syntax (we being the first), and
     (b) our current LC SC methodology relies so heavily on assigning
     RTs to everything that we have a dependency on the not-very-usable
     parts of the spec.

     We think that it's likely our comments will be taken seriously, so
     we should make our best, boldest proposals.  If others on the UBL TC
     want to take a different approach, we should perhaps submit multiple
     sets of comments.

     Section 1:

     Eve's proposal in the "RT vs. CCT comparison" message:

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200204/msg00066.html

     could be used as a fallback for purely XSD purposes if the CCTS
     group doesn't accept it.  This proposal is favored by those
     attending today (except that Mark and Sue abstain).  Even if CCTS
     doesn't change, we can still assign Representation Terms to all of
     our constructs, apart from binding these elements to XSD types; thus
     we retain our connection to CCTS.

     Our list of proposed "built-ins" (some primitive, some derived) is
     something like this:

     NumericType
     - AmountType
     - IdentifierNumericType
     - MeasureType
       . QuantityType
     - PercentType
     - RateType
     GraphicType
     - PictureType
     IndicatorType
     CodeType
     - IdentifierCodeType
     DateType
     - DateTimeType
     TextType
     - IdentifierTextType
     - NameType
       . IdentifierNameType

     Section 2:

     We seem to agree that it's generally a good idea to unify ACCs and
     RTs, but we're concerned that all ACCs will be treated as a true
     controlled list of "built-ins".

     Section 3:

     Obviated by our Section 1 comments.

     Bill will continue to work on this according to the guidance given
     above.

6. Code lists

    Deferred.

7. Modnamver