Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] An idea for the embedded doc'n keywords

A little while back, we came up with a rule for how the column headers
in the spreadsheet get turned into keywords that are acceptable as XHTML
CLASS attribute values.  I found out that SOAP 1.2 does a similar
mapping that is much more thoroughly designed:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-soap12-part2-20020626/#namemap

It's based on an SQL standard:

ftp://sqlstandards.org/SC32/WG3/Progression_Documents/Informal_working_drafts/wd-xml-2001-06.pdf

Does anyone see the need for us to get as fancy as SOAP 1.2 does?  Their
solution does generate some semi-ugly results sometimes, and we don't
have to worry about things like protecting strings that start with
"xml", since the keyword is an attribute value and not (e.g.) an
attribute name.

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 883 5917
XML Web Services / Industry Initiatives      eve.maler @ sun.com