Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] RE: [ubl-lcsc] Newest version of the OO-design position paper.

Title: RE: [ubl-lcsc] Newest version of the OO-design position paper.
The argument that we remove container elements because doing so aligns us more closely with the Core Components Technical Specification doesn't hold water for me.  Is that argument coming from the fact that the CCTS 1.8 specification failed to explicitly model "properties".  I believe that shortcoming will be addressed in the 1.85 specification where basic core component properties are modeled, and named -- so you've got a name in the Core Components model that you can use as a source for your element name.  Also, I believe "association" properties will similarly be modeled.

It is these "association" properties, with the appropriate multiplicity/cardinality map, that map nicely onto XML "container" elements I think.

Bill Burcham
Sr. Software Architect, Standards and Applied Technology
Sterling Commerce, Inc.
469.524.2164
bill_burcham@stercomm.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuhec, Gunther [mailto:gunther.stuhec@sap.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 9:28 AM
To: 'CRAWFORD, Mark'; 'ubl-lcsc@lists.oasis-open.org'; 'ubl-ndrsc@lists.oasis-open.org'

Hello Mark,

"human-readable" is very efficient for defining and building of applications and interfaces. The objects in the oo-design-paper are "human-readable" enough for that. But the structure is simple an fits with our definitions. Because we said that all components must be reusable and the structure must be align on the instructions of ebXML CCTS. And I think that a "Header" or "Summary" is not a reusable and logical grouping of data. In addition, we defined that the complete path-name of the assembled objects will be identical to the dictionary entry name. If you have hierachy like a "Order", "Header" for the collection of all header information, "Parties" for the collection of all parties, "BuyerParty", "Communications" for the collection of all communication facilities and "Telephone.Identfier" than the dictionary entry name will become "Header Parties BuyerParty Communications Telephone.Identification.Identifier". I guess, this will be completley against the definition of a dictionary entry name. In oo-design-paper way, the path-name will be the dictionary entry name "Order BuyerParty Telephone.Identification.Identifier". I think, this is semantically clear.

Or, I am wrong?

Kind regards,

    Gunther