Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] Code list rules document

Here's my feedback:

1. 117-124 first and second-order code lists are introduced.  The section
goes on to give some detail about first-order code lists and their
architecture -- but nothing further is said about second-order ones.  Was
this on purpose or just an oversight?

2. It's good that we've got an early section (3.2) specifying the
correspondence between our representation and ebXML's.  The table in section
3.2 is extremely valuable.  Small point -- that table should have a caption
(with number) for reference.

3. It's really good that you're using the ISO 3166-1 code list for
illustration.  Makes the work so much more defensible than it would
otherwise be (if we chose to use a hypothetical).  Question: does it
actually work?  i.e. did you actually test the proposal with the UNECE
schema and the "template" and create instance documents to see if valid
documents are validated and invalid ones are flagged as such? (I ask, since
the illustration starting on line 210 has shorthands for readability).
Reason I asked is 'cause I tried it for a few minutes the other day and ran
into some validation problems with the UNECE schema.

4. line 314.  It's good that you expunged all the uses of global elements
from the architecture, yet let the audience know that they could define
their own global elements all they want.

5. In section 4 "Rationale" each contender is evaluated against the
requirements listed in section 4.1.  For each contender in section 4.2 there
is a section entitled "Derivation Opportunities" (these are in sections
4.2.*.3).  Why is not "derivation opportunities" one of the "requirements"
listed in section 4.1, scored in sections 4.2.*.4, and contributing to the
total scores given in section 4.3?