Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Re: [ubl-comment] Code list rules document

Hello Terry,

I think Bill Burcham's response is correct: (1) UBL is absolutely
committed to avoiding maintenance of code lists owned by others, and (2)
though it need not appear in the instance, agency-identifying
information is provided by means of the code list schema module.  So I
believe that the proposed rules do meet your criteria.  Let us know if
you have any other comments or questions,

	Eve

Terry Schager wrote:
> Eve,
>
> You might consider the approach a few of the X12 and old TDCC Code tables
> adopted where the code provided pointed you to an agency (like AIA, AIAG,
> GCA, UCC, etc.)  The agencies themselves maintain the code lists and take
> care of subscription or some other form of dissemination.  As long as the
> agency qualifier is included in what re two conditional elements, document
> integrity is maintained.  This benefits UBL because a code qualifier for a
> value is provided and it benefits the companies in a vertical industry
> because they are using codes they see relevance in (and are probably using
> already in back end apps or their EDI processing.  Thoughts?

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 883 5917
XML Web Services / Industry Initiatives      eve.maler @ sun.com