Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Section 3 of wd-ublndrsc-ndrdoc-17

In yesterday's call we reviewed Section 3: "Relationship to ebXML Core Components".  The revised section begins to capture the mapping from CCTS 1.85 to XSD/XML according to the UBL Naming and Design rules.

Looking at the first diagram, a visual paraphrasing of CCTS 1.85 diagrams 6.1, 6.2, 7.1, the SC seemed fairly comfortable with ABIE, Association BIE Property, Basic BIE Property.

Sue and Mark, both very familiar with the CCTS model, voiced concern over the lower-level parts of the diagram, in particular BBIE and its relationship to Primitive Type.  I stated that I purposely excluded Core Component Type and Data Type from this diagram since they had no mapping to the XSD/XML side of the equation (next picture).  They maintained their position that the diagram be clarified in this regard.

Please find attached an unofficial draft of the NDR document.  It contains, in section 3, four brand new paragraphs explaining the first diagram.  Please review that work and comment on its accuracy.

Also, I've separated what was section 3 into two sections (new section 3, and section 4).  I did this to break up the discussion about a) relationship to ebXML CC and b) mapping of CC concepts to XML.  I have added no content to section 4 -- it just contains the old content showing the combined picture CC<->XML, and the old prose with the naming rules.

I have added a placeholder at the end of section 4 for us to describe, in detail, the UBL mapping of Basic Business Informatin Entity and Primitive Type to XSD/XML.  Since that mapping is in flux pending the actual creation of the new "leaf types" schema all I can do is wait on that topic.

Bill Burcham
Sr. Software Architect, Standards and Applied Technology
Sterling Commerce, Inc.
469.524.2164
bill_burcham@stercomm.com