Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] FW: [ebxml-msg] Docbook,was: Errata Format and Style etc

this is something that should apply to all UBL documentation for public consumption..  maybe this is a task for 'tools and techniques' - to evaulate docbook and recommend ways (and some tools with which) we can use it.

We are starting to think about UBL 1p00 as an OASIS spec so we should be planning this format now.

well volunteered Gunther!

Stuhec, Gunther wrote:
Hello all,

Matthew MacKenzie recommends the ebXML Messaging group to be begin using docbook. I guess, we should do the same for our representation of documentation and descriptions. Matthew told that Norman Walsh has put together a package to help OASIS spec authors to use docbook. And Matthew used that for a proposal for the RegRep group. I might be a good idea to look into this package, too. What do you think about it.

Kind regards,

	Gunther

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:matt@xmlglobal.com]
Sent: Freitag, 8. November 2002 03:55
To: Doug Bunting
Cc: Mike Dillon - Drummond Group; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Doug,

To take your (and mine) HTML bias to new heights, I recommend that we
begin using docbook.  Norman Walsh has put together a package to help
OASIS spec authors to use docbook.  I have used it in the past to draft
proposals for the RegRep group, and I found it extremely useful because
my formatting was guaranteed to be correct as long as I kept my XML
valid and well formed.  The HTML output by the docbook html stylesheet
also places anchors at all of the sections and links them together in
the table of contents, allowing you to quickly zoom to the section you
want, or include a link in email directly to that section.

I think the W3C uses docbook, which is ironic seeing as docbook is an
OASIS spec hardly used by OASIS spec TCs.  If this TC wants to start
going down that route, I would be willing to do the conversion on the
current specification source into docbook to get the effort started.

-Matt

On Thursday, Nov 7, 2002, at 16:03 America/Vancouver, Doug Bunting