Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Auto-Generated Picture of Norm Model

Dave, be aware that Bill is working on the conceptual model NOT the schema model. his source spreadsheet describes a relational (normalised) model not a set of document schemas.  what we should end up with is Bill's diagram showing any possible ways of associating objects and then yours which show HOW they are associated to form different documents.

When you say 'the spreadsheet' - we actually have two, describing different types of models.

Dave Carlson wrote:
Message
Bill,

It took a bit of fishing to discover that there really was a picture in what appeared to be an empty document.

What was your input for this graph, the spreadsheet?

Dave
----- Original Message -----
From: Burcham, Bill
To: 'ubl-lcsc@lists.oasis-open.org'
Cc: UBL-NDRSC (E-mail)
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 5:34 PM
Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Auto-Generated Picture of Norm Model

Well I've got a picture (attached).  It's an SVG.  To see what's going on zoom way out and fish around until you find the boxes and lines.  I'll improve it but I thought folks'd get a kick out of seeing it earlier rather than later.

Also, there appears to be a bug in the graph layout tool (neato) that causes it to reverse role names and multiplicities about half the time.  I'll work on that too.

Bill Burcham
Sr. Software Architect, Standards and Applied Technology
Sterling Commerce, Inc.
469.524.2164
bill_burcham@stercomm.com

--