Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] RE: [ubl-ndrsc] XML Schema with Global Defined Elements- URGENT support call

i need some urgent technical support on interpretting these changes...

Currently we have things like...
    <xsd:complexType name="AccountsContactDetailsType" id="UBL000001">
        <xsd:annotation>
            <xsd:documentation>
                <ccts:ABIE dictionaryEntryName="Accounts_ Contact. Details" definition="information that identifies the Seller's contact person or department on Accounts matters, together with information about how they can be contacted." qualifierTermObjectClassTerm="Accounts" objectClassTerm="Contact" propertyTerm="Details" representationTerm="Details"/>
            </xsd:documentation>
        </xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:element ref="ID" id="UBL000002">
                <xsd:annotation>
                    <xsd:documentation>
                        <ccts:BBIE dictionaryEntryName="Accounts_ Contact. Identifier" definition="identifies the department or employee by a unique identity other than their name when given as a contact." qualifierTermObjectClassTerm="Accounts" objectClassTerm="Contact" propertyTerm="Identification" representationTerm="Identifier"/>
                    </xsd:documentation>
                </xsd:annotation>
            </xsd:element>
The problem I am getting is with the statement...
            <xsd:element ref="ID" id="UBL000002">

- when i use the XML Spy Schema view it links ref="ID" with the first ID it finds (in this case Transport Equipment Seal.Identifier)  and displays that definition.  The same applies when we use ref="Name" and so forth. obviously, this is common throughout the schemas.

Is this, as I suspect, an XML Spy feature ? - if so it makes reading these things pretty difficult for our audience, if not then how does Schema resolve these references (when we have so many with the same name)?

Burcham, Bill wrote:
Message
Great work Gunther.  And fast!  I see (XML Spy 5 sees) these bugs in the schema:

Element ForeignExchangeContract is undefined (ref'd from ExchangeRateDetailsType)

I pondered and investigated why your scripts failed to stumble on the collisions I had predicted (previous post).  I had been looking solely at the property terms and qualifiers and not appending the representation terms.  Doing so disambiguates all the ambiguous cases I had uncovered.  Makes sense to me at least.

to point (a) below: I'd opt for putting the documentation/annotation with the type rather than the element

to point (b) below.  Yes it is possible.  And in fact your schemas (e.g. UBL_Reusable_05.xsd) has annotations on the local elements.

I don't understand (c).  and (d) is a genuine collision -- LCSC -- can you repair to your satisfaction?

Also, putting on my XML technologist hat -- is anyone else uncomfortable with all the noise in our our complex type names... isn't FooDetailsType a bit much?  FooType was bad enough!  (recall XSD has different namespaces for elements and types -- but I digress).

-Bill