Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] RE: [ubl-lcsc] Further namespace issues

I'm still unable to closely follow all this progress...  But I just
wanted to chime in for a moment and say that this seems consonant with
all the original NDR decisions about modnamver.

	Eve

Burcham, Bill wrote:
> Here's the changes I made by hand:
>
> To the top-level element in UBL_Library_0p70_Reusable.xsd I added:
>
>  targetNamespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:CommonAggregateTypes:1.0:0.70"
> xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:CommonAggregateTypes:1.0:0.70"
> xmlns:cat="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:CommonAggregateTypes:1.0:0.70"
>
> To the top-level element in e.g. UBL_Library_0p70_Order.xsd I added:
>
> xmlns:cat="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:CommonAggregateTypes:1.0:0.70"
>
> Then I added a child:
>
> 	<xsd:import
> namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:CommonAggregateTypes:1.0:0.70"
> schemaLocation="UBL_Library_0p70_Reusable.xsd"/>
>
> When I went to validate that schema it became apparent that some of the
> qnames now needed qualification (since Aggregate types from the Reusable
> module were now explicitly in their own namespace).
>
> Element ref value "AllowanceCharge" became "cat:AllowanceCharge".
> "BuyerParty" -> "cat:BuyerParty"
> "Contract"-> "cat:Contract"
> "DeliveryTerms" -> "cat:DeliveryTerms"
> ...and many others -- you get the idea -- basically every ref to an element
> defined in cat:.
>
> Then I asked XML Spy to generate an Order.  It qualified each element.  I
> changed that doc so as to use "cat:" as the default namespace -- and removed
> the qualification so the instance looks nicer (see attachmenet).
>
> I had to doctor that doc a little, adding:
>
> /n:Order/OrderLine/DeliveryRequirement/DeliverySchedule/DeliveryRequirement
> (apparently, Spy doesn't handle the recursive definition
> DeliverySchedule->DeliveryRequirement->DeliverySchedule...)
>
> /n:Order/OrderLine/OrderedShipment/TransportEquipment/TransportEquipmentMeas
> urement/TransportEquipment
> (again, a recursive definition was involved
> TransportEquipment->TransportEquipmentMeasure->TransportEquipment...)
>
> The attached zip contains the generated Order instance (default namespace is
> "cat:" so only the Order elements are explicitly qualified) -- I think it's
> elegant enough (80/20 !!).  Also included are the hand-doctored Order and
> Reusable schemas.
>
> I can doctor the other schemas if I must -- my preference would be to make
> one last (!) tweak to the Perl.

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Technologies and Standards               eve.maler @ sun.com