Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] Tiny UBL Extension Example

This has nothing to do with ur-schema.  I simply took our actual 0p70 (that
does _not_ embody the ur-schema concepts) and I did a simple extension using
XSD derivation.

A question arose during the latest local/global discussions. (We're
considering adding to the SC charter, a clause requiring all meetings to
begin and end with such a discussion -- kind of like the prayer in Congress
or the Pledge of Allegiance in first-grade)  Anyway, the concern was that
perhaps now that we're using global elements, then the expected sort of
subtyping wouldn't work.  The example proves the concern unfounded --
subtyping works just fine.

So I'd say this is just an example of "manual extension" of 0p70.  And
that's good in itself I guess.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 2:56 AM
To: Burcham, Bill
Cc: UBL-NDR; UBL LCSC

thanks bill - it is heartening that as we start to focus on the
context/extension methodology we can see the mechanics falling into
place.  it also helps us in the LC group to see how the technology works.

do i take it from this example that you are now happy with the ur-schema
approach?

--
regards
tim mcgrath