Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Containership issue with current LCSC samples

| Bentley says: premature optimization is the root of all evil.  I
| don't think anyone's going to be able to show a real world UBL
| document that's gonna have any real performance problem for a real
| world user.  Prove me wrong ;-)

Without venturing an opinion on the design issue here, I must
sadly inform you that XML performance in B2B contexts is becoming
an issue.  RosettaNet users are reporting single file sizes
upwards of 60 MB for real-world POs, and some RN users are
concerned about hitting a wall with automated timeouts for
acknowledgments.  This problem can of course be ameliorated by
adjusting the timeouts and increasing net bandwidth, but we're
starting to catch glimpses of a limitation in the size of
documents that can be processed effectively without hardware
upgrades -- not an easy thing to get budget for these days.

Not a comment on the debate, just a data point.

Jon