Subject: UCC/EAN [Was Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Telecon on Wed April 2nd 2003]

Just a question:  Has anyone spoken to or looked at the
works of Uniform Code Council (UCC) and EAN International?

They deal with barcode and EDI stuff with a goal to
enhance supply chain management.  Lately they've produced
a set of, yes, XML Schemas.   The page with this release is at:

http://www.uc-council.org/smp/xml_schemas_and_business_messa.html

Is harmonisation with their published schemas important/necessary?

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML